Sunday, April 5, 2009

Life Post

Today I went to a wake for a 47-year-old mother of three who passed away from cancer. 47. As I watched the people pour into the funeral home, it was a deja vu moment for me. This week marks the 8 year anniversary of my own mother's death. She passed away at the age of 52 from cancer when I was just 19. When we got home, I was shaken by all of this and took some time to reflect on life. I have been stressing about many things lately including this class. I guess I was reminded that life is short and stressing only makes it shorter. Therefore, I am going to attempt to tell myself that what I am doing thus far is enough because I am doing my best and trying to better myself as an educator. I have to learn to be able to turn the computer off and not worry about it afterward. So upon completing this post, I plan to take my own advice. Just think, we are almost finished with this program! Where have the two years gone? Be proud of all you have accomplished and all you have learned. We should all be very proud of our efforts.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this personal message. It is important for us to have these reminders of what is important in life, and you are right. We have all worked very hard, and we need to let go of the pressures. I'm going to follow your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun to graduate together!! I know our pride will come shining though. And the best part is we will all make it!! I will think of you when I walk on Mother's day for the Pink Ribbon Cure for Breast Cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A difficult week for you! But you give yourself and us all good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for taking the time to give us all a good reminder of what is important in life. I know all of us are stressing over this class.

    I hope you have a wonderful Easter break with your family.

    ReplyDelete