Friday, April 10, 2009

Out of the Loop

I am currently in Green Bay spending Easter with my family. I had not checked any of my sites since yesterday after school and I was amazed how disconnected I felt from all of this. Everyone else is asleep right now and I am trying to play catch up. I looked at all the blogs and love the Vokis! Do you have to have some kind of microphone to do this? I have not explored the website yet, so maybe that will answer my question. I am continuing to plug away reading the Disruptive book and am finding it to be an ok read. I just stop myself sometimes thinking how much there is out there for technology and how much I truly don't understand about it all. How can anyone keep up with how quickly everything changes? I will attempt to check everything again tomorrow and then Sunday when we get back to Minnesota. Any word on whether or not we are meeting for class. Happy Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin you probably figured this out but you do not have to have a microphone you just need to call an 800 number but be ready with what you want to say before you make the connection. If you have a mic you can do that to. I am thinking about trying to use SKYPE too, maybe we will be able to video contact each other and it sounds like Jeannie already has this so we should be able to connect with here too. I bought a video camera /mic for $25 so will see what I can do. I want to be able to learn this for Family events that my parents can not make, so we can do video call. Not sure how I will use it in the classroom yet.
    My other project interest is to perfect voice for my smart board hence the Voki exploration

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure we are meeting at OHS this Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete